Friday, April 26, 2013

Banana Oat Smoothie and Frappuccino Jars idea #4!

I am not much of a smoothie girl, or maybe I am more of a smoothie snob and not many make the cut for me.. either way, the stars aligned this morning and I found a winner!


Banana Oat Smoothie

It all started last night when I froze dollups of Vanilla yogurt in a mini muffin pan like this:



I threw the Quick oats in first and gave them a quick blend to break them up a little because chunky and smoothies and me are not a good combination!

(proportions are a little sketchy.. maybe 3/4 of a cup? and that makes it pretty nutty and rich tasting which I love so.. whatever you like)


Then I put in about 1/2 -1 cup of milk, 1 banana cut up, and about a table spoon of honey. (I put the honey on last so it wouldn't instantly gum up the blender blades because my blender is a wimp.)  

Then I started it up and began popping in the yogurt cubes until it just looked right.. I ended up using 9 cubes. 




It made a comfortable enough for a jar for Manly and me for our breakfast.



Bonus round:  Pop a lid on it and we have the 4th way to recycle those Frappuccino jars!  " Smoothie for on the go breakfasts"  These are the small size but I have big ones too... and the neck is thin enough so you can drink it right from the jar with no mess or pop a straw in it.  I'm a straw girl so pretty much will use a straw for ANYTHING I can... Ranch dressing... yep. jk!  ;-)


So... Any creative ideas for how else to use these jars?   OR favorite smoothie recipes???    Come on... help a sista out...

No comments:

Post a Comment