Friday, April 25, 2014

Our Baby

 So, we had a baby.    It was 5 weeks ago but we did it!    Still cant believe that happened.

I had a smooth 18 hr labor, which surprised me considering it was my first!    I won't bore you with the needless details but I thought I would share a few pictures.





This was after we got to the birthing center and was at about hour 15 of labor...





I love this picture... literally one of the most incredible moments of my life.  I don't think anything can prepare you for how this moment when you get to hold that child, that you grew and birthed, for the first time.  My eyes fill up every time I think about it.






She was a little purple when she first came out which concerned me because she only let out one cry and then was quiet and looking all around, but they assured me that she was just fine.. just not upset!






Big wide eyes... squishy little face!!




She settled right down on my chest and sucked her thumb ... cutest thing ever!


So there she was, Our little precious darling!  She was born at 9:04 and we went home with no complications at midnight.   God is SO good to us!

2 comments:

  1. Every time I see that picture of you holding Katie Lou and crying it makes me puddle over. I know that feeling...it is hard to describe and harder to forget. There is nothing that compares to that moment you first hold your baby in your arms. I love you! Well done Mama!!

    ReplyDelete