Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Engagement



Last week something special happened...


Well, to be more realistic, something special has been happening for close to 4 years now, but it got even special-er last week. See here's how/what happened:

Almost 4 years ago... I met a boy, I liked him... a lot. He had pretty blue eyes and the most infectious smile!
I saw him several times over the next year and I liked him more each time. 3 years ago I went to Mexico with that boy and decided I wanted to marry him. His heart for the Lord, the way he selflessly served ..everyone.. the depth of character I saw displayed in tough situations, his leadership and protective instincts amazed me and I knew I wanted to be his girl. God was gracious and on that same very trip that boy determined in his heart that I was the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Fast forward to last year, that boy asked me if I would be his girl and I said of course I would! It took me a while to wrap my mind around the fact that this was real... like for real real... ;-)

Then the months of getting to know each other better, and better, slowly falling in love one day at a time and advancing our relationship step by step... until Friday, last Friday, two days ago to be exact, when that boy- That Man, got down on one knee and looking deeper with those baby blues into my eyes than any soul has ever dared or cared to, he asked me if I would be his wife. Of course I said "YES!"

He put a gorgeously delicate band of diamond vines and flowers on my finger and the rest as they say is history...

Okay I'll stop laying it on so thick. ;-) But really, he is a regular dream boat and I am SO crazy in love with him! ;-)


Wedding plans have commenced and I'll keep y'all updated on our plans as we know them. A dear dear friend of ours (Laura Landry-Hooker) Took engagement pictures for us and I would like to share a few here. She took a lot of AMAZING ones but you know.. can't show everything at once ;-) I'll put them all in an album on facebook though =)





















No comments:

Post a Comment