Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New-ish Furniture!

 Manly and I went to a second hand furniture shop the other day in search of a dresser for him since he will be moving into his apartment soon to batch it for a little bit before the wedding.   I didn't have an extra one (Do girls EVER have extra clothes storage space???)  so we went looking for one.     I fell in love with this one at first sight, its so Manly and just... looked like something he would own.  



The doors open to reveal three more drawers and I didn't take a picture but inside the drawers is the most charming black and brown Revolutionary war themed paper.... its a detail we both loved!


They were asking $150 for it but would take $120, which neither of us were wild about paying so.. we kept looking



We found this SUPER comfy chair which they wanted $30 for... still a little high IMHO, but not bad...



That's about when I happened across the nightstand that actually went with the dresser we liked!   They only wanted $20 for that so we decided to cut her a deal and offer $150 for all three pieces,  much to my surprise she took it!!    

We went to the Thrift world next door and I saw them... 6 matching dining room chairs with the seats that you can remove with 4 easy screws and recover ANY TIME YOU LIKE!!!  All with a gorgeous back detail pattern, all for $24... wait ONLY $24 FOR ALL 6 CHAIRS?????   Yep.. that was an amazing blessing, we got them and tada, new kitchen chairs!    I am going to recover them in something blue to match the table legs =)






1 comment:

  1. Wow that's awesome! I LOVE the dresser and chairs. I love seeing when God gives us surprises like that. :)
    ~Yap

    ReplyDelete